Las Vegas Home Insurance
Insurance on a home in Las Vegas
Homeowners insurance is not a one-size-fits-all package. Advance Insurance offers competitive programs with coverage options to meet your individual needs. Your Homeowners Policy is often one of the first policies you think of when a loss occurs. You’ve probably asked yourself the question, “Am I covered?” many times before. Nothing is more frustrating than to find out that your Homeowners Insurance Policy doesn’t provide coverage for something you thought was covered. It pays to review your Homeowners Policy annually with you agent to make sure the exclusions and limitations are understood and that your property is adequately covered.
Your Homeowners Insurance Policy most likely provides the following standard coverages:
- Dwelling Coverage for your primary structure
- Other Structure Coverage for any detached structures, i.e. garages, sheds, and guest homes
- Personal Property Coverage for your and your family’s belongings
- Loss of Use Coverage in the event that you cannot live in your home due to a covered loss
- Personal Liability Coverage for premises liability
- Medical Payments to assist in the expenses of someone injured at a covered location
These are the standard coverages offered by most Homeowners Insurance policies. In most cases, however, they are not sufficient for most homeowners’ needs.
You are able to purchase additional coverages,also known as endorsements, on your homeowners insurance policy to make your policy more adequate. These additional coverages include:
- Additional Replacement Cost Protection for your Dwelling in the event that your dwelling limit is exhausted in a total loss
- Water Back-up of Sewers/Drains
- Earthquake Coverage
- Personal Injury Liability, otherwise excluded under the Personal Liability Coverage above, for protection in the event you are found liable for personal injury, i.e. libel, slander, defamation of character, etc…
- All Risk Coverage for Personal Property, an unendorsed policy usually only protects against 16 named perils
- Extended Coverage for Special Items, i.e. jewelry, firearms, fine art, silverware, furs, etc… An Unendorsed policy only provides limited coverage for these types of items. Ask your agent about scheduled property.
This list only lists some of the most common endorsements on homeowners insurance policies. Most insurance companies offer endorsements to enhance your policy for little additional premium. Make sure that you discuss your policy with you agent to make sure that you are properly covered.